Supporting women during pregnancy and childbirth is a real privilege. As a Relax & Breathe Birthing Instructor your work can be positively transformative for women and families.Onie, Relax & Breathe Birthing Trainer
Learn to offer Relax & Breathe Birthing courses to suit the flexible requirements of your clients. You could teach the fully comprehensive 4-week hypnobirthing and birth education course, run day workshops, offer weekly relaxation sessions, or simply include hypnobirthing elements in your other business activities.
Our Training is fully tailored to your learning needs. We offer friendly, informal and informative Instructor Training both online and in small groups at our beautiful city centre clinic in Edinburgh.
Relax & Breathe Birthing Instructors Training is accredited by the Federation of Antenatal Educators (FEDANT).
What does the training involve?
Our Full 3-Day (in-person) or 4-day (online, shorter days) Instructor Training Course is comprised of two modules:
- Module 1: Experiencing Relax and Breathe Birthing and Facilitation Skills with Relax & Breathe Birthing Trainer, Onie Tibbitt (2-days in the in-person course, 3-days in the online course)
- Module 2: Tailoring Relax and Breathe Birthing to Your Client’s Needs, Establishing and Promoting Your Practice with Onie Tibbitt (1-day)
Any prior experience necessary?
Relax & Breathe Birthing Instructors are passionate, kind and calm individuals with a desire to support birthing women. Anyone who shares an affinity for this beautiful work is welcome to join us.
What are the costs?
The cost of the Full Training Course is £450. This price includes:
- A comprehensive instructor’s training course booklet with everything you need to teach the 4-week expectant parents course, including module handouts, hypnobirthing scripts and presentation materials.
- Access to an online drive containing all your up-to-date parent teaching materials and handouts to enable you to use them flexibly as per the needs of your clients.
- Access to an online drive containing logos, photos, flyer templates and other resources for setting up as a Relax and Breathe Birthing Instructor.
- Access to all the online handouts that you need – extensive annually-updated resources to support your courses, artwork files for the training course materials, all the pdf downloads, powerpoint presentations and supporting materials.
- Mp3 versions of all the scripts and background music for delivering the relaxation sessions.
- A sample pack of the Relax and Breathe Birthing ‘Calm Birth Affirmation Cards’ and the opportunity to buy these at trade prices for your classes.
- A Relax and Breathe Birthing ‘Positive Birth Stories Only’ badge and the opportunity to buy these at trade prices for your classes.
- Educational links to recommended websites and DVDs.
- Access to the Relax and Breathe Birthing Online Group where you can keep in touch with other Relax & Breathe Birthing Instructors.
- A FEDANT accredited Relax and Breathe Birthing Instructors certificate.
Please note that when you enrol to join Relax & Breathe Birthing Instructors Training, you will be asked to sign a contract which outlines the guidelines of branding and resources use going forward, as well as access to the Instructors Zone. This is not a franchise. We have kept our training as accessible and affordable as possible because we believe that these resources should be available to all women.
The ongoing cost for being part of our valued network of Relax & Breathe Birthing Instructors is just £60 per year (only £5 per month). We also ask that you commit to buying a tree in our collective Trees for Life grove for every baby born through your courses. This makes a beautiful present to the women/couples on your courses and only costs £6 per tree (the cost of which you can build into your birth course fees). In return you will benefit from ongoing support from Onie and team and access to our course materials, which are updated annually by Jenny Patterson, an experienced midwife.
If you pause in the delivery of your classes, you can choose to cancel your annual subscription. Included in the training fee is your first year’s subscription.
Everyone who qualifies as a Relax & Breathe Birthing Instructor becomes part of a network of professionals who work to support and promote each other’s work. As soon as you qualify you will be given access to our private Instructors Zone and Online Group, where you can download resources and get help from like-minded people. We are always happy to be in touch by phone and email.
The cost of group training is £450. Our next online courses are scheduled for:
- 21st-22nd and 27-28th November (we are running the 4-day online course over two consecutive weekends)
We are happy to offer 1-1 training on other dates. This can be either scheduled as 3 consecutive days or a series of 6 x 3-hour workshops. The cost of 1-1 training is £650.
The training is accredited by FEDANT. Following the training, instructors are asked to complete a post-course module, a 500-word book review, submit recordings of the practical aspects of the course such as massage and acupressure, preparation of course notes and session overviews for a full 4-week course (based on materials we provide) and undertake a 4-week case study course with at least one pregnant woman and birth partner.
You have as long as you need to complete the post-course assessment. After you complete it, you are sent a FEDANT-accredited Relax & Breathe Birthing Instructors certificate and are able to begin this transformative work with women and families.