Become and Relax and Breathe Birthing Instructor
Through our Relax and Breathe Birthing Instructors Training you will gain the knowledge, skills and resources to support women and their birth partners through birth preparation and regular relaxation sessions using hypnobirthing techniques.
We believe in making the hypnobirthing approach accessible to parents. You will be able to offer a full hypnobirthing course over 4 weekly sessions, or use elements of the course for providing day workshops, refresher courses and regular relaxation sessions for your pregnant clients.
You will also be welcome to use the hypnobirthing scripts in related services within your own practice. For example, during yoga sessions or massage treatments. This way your pregnant clients are able to gain the benefit of the relaxation approach, even if they are unable to attend a full Relax and Breathe Birthing course with you.
Relax and Breathe Birthing Instructors Training is accredited by the Federation of Antenatal Educators (FEDANT).
What does the training involve?
Our Full 3-Day Instructor Training Course is comprised of three modules:
- Module 1: Experiencing Relax and Breathe Birthing and Facilitation Skills with Relax & Breathe Birthing Trainer, Onie Tibbitt (2-days)
- Module 2: Tailoring Relax and Breathe Birthing to Your Client’s Needs, Establishing and Promoting Your Practice with Onie Tibbitt (1-day)
Any prior experience necessary?”
You do not need to have any prior birth education experience to train as a Relax and Breathe Birthing Instructor. Our full 3-day training course is open to any passionate individuals interested in helping to support women during pregnancy and birth.
What are the costs?
The cost of the Full 3-Day Training Course is £340
This price includes:
- A comprehensive instructor’s training course booklet with everything you need to teach the 4-week expectant parents course, including module handouts, hypnobirthing scripts and flip chart notes.
- Access to an online drive containing all your up-to-date parent teaching materials and handouts to enable you to use them flexibly as per the needs of your clients.
- Access to an online drive containing logos, photos, flyer templates and other resources for setting up as a Relax and Breathe Birthing Instructor.
- Mp3 versions of all the scripts and background music for delivering the relaxation sessions.
- A sample pack of the Relax and Breathe Birthing ‘Calm Birth Affirmation Cards’ and the opportunity to buy these at trade prices for your classes.
- A Relax and Breathe Birthing ‘Positive Birth Stories Only’ badge and the opportunity to buy these at trade prices for your classes.
- Educational links to recommended websites and DVDs.
- Access to the Relax and Breathe Birthing Online Group where you can keep in touch with other Relax & Breathe Birthing Instructors.
- A FEDANT accredited Relax and Breathe Birthing Instructors certificate.
Everyone who qualifies as a Relax and Breathe Birthing Instructor becomes part of a network of professionals who work to support and promote each other’s work. As soon as you qualify you will be given access to our private Instructors Zone and Online Group, where you can download resources and get help from like-minded people. We are always happy to be in touch by phone and email.
We run regular training courses from our Edinburgh venue and are in the process of rolling courses out across the UK.
Upcoming Courses in Edinburgh
Our Edinburgh courses take place at KnotStressed Therapies, 40-42 Montrose Terrace, Edinburgh EH7 5DL We are a 5-minute taxi drive or 15-minute walk from Edinburgh Waverley Train Station and based in an area with many B&Bs and hotels.
Our next 3-day courses are scheduled for:
- 22-24th May
- 13-15th November
We are happy to travel to other areas to offer this training.
If you are in a position to host the course then we are open to offering you a place on the course in return for hosting the training provided at least 4 others book onto the course.
The training is accredited by FEDANT. Following the training, instructors are invited to complete a post-course module, a 500-word book review, preparation of course notes and session overviews for a full 4-week course (based on materials we provide) and a 4-week case study course with at least one pregnant woman and birth partner.
Find out what other Relax and Breathe Birthing Instructors say about our training course here.
Get in touch
If you’ve got any more questions or you’d like to book onto our next course, get in touch now.
Network in the Instructor Zone
Get support, download our latest resources, and stay up to date with the latest developments in the birthing world in the Instructor Zone.
About our philosophy
We believe in working with women as individuals. Our approach is flexible and can be completely tailored to the needs of a pregnant woman and her birth partner. Find out more…